1. Here are 3 ways to save money on Swiss Trains
1. Buy a Super Saver Day Pass - (starts at CHF 29)
2. Get a day pass at your Commune
3. Buy a half-fare card (valid for a year)
2. Just riding the train in Switzerland can seem magical
Here are some of our favorite train rides in the winter.
6. Lago Bianco
7. St. Moritz
3. There are so many amazing fairytale villages in Ticino Switzerland
7 Must visit Fairytale villages:
4. A little piece of Heaven on Earth, at Calnègia
5. Recap of 2022 in Switzerland. Looking back at last year and wishing everyone a Happy New Year
6. Save this for later! The Ultimate Switzerland Bucketlist
We often get asked where our favorite place to visit is in Switzerland. That is a hard question
Here are some our favorites:
6. St. Moritz
7. Here is a list of some of our favorite hikes in Switzerland
3. Schynige Platte
7. Stoos Ridge
8. Saxer Lücke
8. Lavertezzo - Valle Verzascain the fall is beautiful with all the leaves changing colors, it’s not near as crowded either
9. Stunning views of the Vierwaldstättersee. From Klingenstock to Fronalpstock
10. Stunning views of the Matterhorn flying over the Swiss Alps
11. Wahoo! We have snow in the forecast this week! Looking forward to some good skiing
12. Did you know they let the penguins out to walk around at the Zürich Zoo?
When the weather is below 10 degrees Celsius the penguins come out for a little waddle around. 🐧
Definitely a cute thing to watch. Have you been? They start the end of November and go until the end of February. 🐧
13. Absolutely stunning lake, at Seealpsee
Seealpsee is a lake in the canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden. You can hike to the lake from Wasserauen or Ebenalp. It is such a gorgeous place
14. A gem in Southern Switzerland on Lago Maggiore. A gorgeous place to visit with cafes and restaurants on the waterfront.
15. Train Travel in Switzerland can be expensive–
If you have children I definitely recommend purchasing the Junior Card for 30 CHF a year
Kids ages 6-16 can then travel with a parent on the Swiss trains for FREE.
If you don’t live in Switzerland you can purchase The Swiss Travel pass and then children can ride for FREE. You can check out all the details on SBB.
16. Riding the Bernina Express through Switzerland is breathtaking
This train ride was Pontresina to Tirano
Tickets need to be booked in advanced and window seats are the first to go. You can book directly on the Bernina Express Website.
Bernina Express Tickets:
Tickets: Pontresina – Tirano
First Class: 49 chf one-way, 98 chf return
Second Class: 28 chf one-way, 56 chf return
Seat Booking Fee: 10 chf per ticket
Discounts: Junior cards, GA and Half-fare cards are accepted. You still have to pay 10chf seat reservation fee for the children.
17. This is one of the most beautiful Christmassy places in Europe, at The Globe - Edinburgh
18. Breathtaking places in Switzerland, at Melchsee-Frutt
19. Mürren - Gimmelwald Via Ferrata. When your friends push you to new limits
The views from this Via Ferrata were absolutely breathtaking— super nerve-racking for me at times but stunning views
20. Monte San Salvatore
If you want a workout with breathtaking views this is the hike for you— today we hiked to the top of Monte San Salvatore
From the top, you can get a good idea of how Lake Lugano winds through the beautiful mountains.
For those who don’t want to hike you can take the Funicular up and down. It’s closed now for maintenance but reopens for the winter season December 3, 2022.
21. One of the most beautiful places on Earth: Lauterbrunnen Switzerland
This place is a little piece of Heaven on Earth —there are over 72 waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen Valley absolutely breathtaking
Add this place to your list when visiting Switzerland. It’s definitely worth it.
22. I always have to pinch myself when I climb to the top of Monte San Salvatore, Lugano
If you want a workout with breathtaking views this is the hike for you
From the top, you can get a good idea of how Lake Lugano winds between Switzerland and Italy
For those who don’t want to hike you can take the Funicular up and down.
23. Zürich HB - Fondue
Christmas Season is starting in Switzerland and all the Christmas markets are setting up
We love fondue and raclette
Our favorite fondue was in The Zürich train station over looking the Christmas Tree it definitely gave off all the Christmas vibes.
24. Stunning views over Lago Maggiore, Cima della Trosa
25. One of my favorite hikes — This is an absolutely must do hike in Ticino, Calnegia
26. Beautiful winter waterfalls in the Schöllenen Gorge overlooking the famous Devil’s Bridge - add this place to your Swiss winter bucket list
27. Breathtaking views from Mount Pilatus overlooking Lake Lucerne
The aerial cable cars are open year round to the top of Pilatus
28. To the top of the Jungfrau
The Jungfrau region is one of our favorite places to ski— how could you not love views like this?
29. Switzerland Bucket-list Places part 2
1. San Salvatore
30. This was voted the most beautiful place in Switzerland: Morcote